Monday, February 19, 2007

New Green

New Green, 2007, Oil on Panel, 12x16

After selling my soul by copying myself (kidding), I took a perverse pleasure in concurrently painting the same scene, yet again, but with quite different results. I really wanted to use the new tubes of green that I recently bought, and I sure enjoyed just plopping that paint right down in the middle of the painting.

The copy turned out well, actually. I don't recall the exact colors that I used the first time, and the colors were what the clients really liked about the painting, but I made do and Doug thinks it is even nicer than the first. Nice to know I can actually paint better than I could a year ago. Heh. I'd put up the new one, but I haven't photographed it yet and, well, it looks just like the old one.

7 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

When I copy myself (often), I am making a conscious effort to subvert the landscape to the color composition.
This work is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the old one...
and look forward to seeing the new one!
James

hudhdsc said...

I love the new one Tracy! I just discovered your work and its fabulous. So different from my own and so refreshing. I'll make sure to check back regularly =)

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, Casey, yet another area of similarity in our work! I often paint the same scenes, with just minor compositional changes, but radically changing color. Fun!

Thanks, James, maybe I'll put it up tomorrow.

Thanks Natalie, and thanks so much for visiting AND leaving a comment. I am off to check out your work now...

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well after the snow. I now live in WI after living in Monsey NY the majority of my life. Relish in the fact that the snow there melts!!!

Steven LaRose said...

What does a soul go for these days?

Tracy Helgeson said...

Hi Chili Pepper, things are pretty much back to normal, except for the ten foot high snowbanks that make one feel as if they are constantly driving in a tunnel. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it melts!

Steven, $10.67. After taxes, expenses and the gallery's cut of course:)