Friday, February 2, 2007

Here and There

White House with Barn, 2007, Oil on Panel, 12x16

Tomorrow I am off for a two day, three gallery, four state jaunt to pick up and deliver paintings.

First a delivery to Carried Haddad, then I have to pick up some paintings from Anderson-Soule in Concord, NH. As exciting as it was to sell so much work from January's show at Harrison, the reality is that that doesn't always happen. Of the eight barns that were included in a show in NH, one painting sold, the gallery wants to hang on to three and I have to pick up the rest along with a few others that they have had in inventory that also haven't sold. I am going to stay overnight in Concord and then drive through Vermont to Williamstown, MA on Saturday. There I have to pick up the large barn painting (didn't sell there either) and deliver some new work. Then home.

I haven't left yet and I am already tired. I had two fillings replaced yesterday and so my jaw hurts and I have a slight headache. I have about a 100 small details to take care of today before I leave, like painting cradles of a few paintings, printing up labels and images lists, mapquesting my route, things like that. I have also had to put together a detailed schedule for Doug to follow because it is an incredibly busy weekend at home (I shouldn't go but if I don't go this weekend, I can't for the next month because of HIS schedule). He will have to schlep them around to a basketball game, a scouts bottle drive, recycling, another game, a father/daughter girl scout dance and who knows where else. I'd feel sorry for him except that that is exactly what I have to do when he is out of town, and I don't have the advantage of an event planner or phone calls with a reminder to leave the house and pick up someone.

But we'll both get by, I imagine. See you Monday!

4 comments:

Daniela Lot said...

This painting is lovely...
I liked it a lot, Tracy :)

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Daniela, I am still working on house images and this is a new one.

June Parrish Cookson said...

Hi Tracy,
This is beautiful especially the purplish shadows on the house. I also like those wonderful greens with the background trees.

By the way, your figurative works and boxes are really amazing. Wonderful to see these.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks June. It's been great to go out of my comfort zone lately. And it's going better than I thought it would-thank goodness because I HATE sanding down panels!