Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Good News and a Dead Mouse

Leading The Way, 2007, Oil on Panel, 24x36

Pretty exciting news today! I have been included in the New Acquisitions section on the website of the gallery in New York City, Multiple Impressions, that has been trying me out. Go see three of my paintings here.

Of course this step forward is balanced out by the realization that there is definitely a dead mouse somewhere in my studio. I suspected it yesterday, based on smell and today I am sure. I have tried to look for it (like I really want to find it), but there is so much crap piled everywhere. Finding a rotting little mouse corpse will be like finding a needle in a haystack. I tried to get our dog to help locate it, but all she wants to do is lay on top of the radiator and get baked. Heh. What a life.

Maybe I'll just stay out of my studio until the smell dissipates. Eventually I'll find an old dried up thing which would be much less traumatic all around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirley..Way to go girl!! Very
exciting news about New York City.
Course we already know you are very talented!

Steppen Wolf said...

Congratulations.

Just ran into this blog and I liked reading it and your painting.
Will be sure to come back often.
Sunil

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, Shirley! It's a good step.

Hi Sunil, I am glad you have visited. I have admired the work you put up on A&P and look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

Well done Tracy. Looks like a swisho gallery!...
We have an old weatherboard house and sometimes 'creatures' get trapped (yerrr blech)... It's true the smell will go!
James

rocky2 said...

watch all spanish daramas here in HD quality ·comamosramen