Monday, June 25, 2007

More Sales

On the Way to Provincetown, 2007, Oil on Panel, 18x24

Thanks everyone, for all of the lovely words of encouragement regarding my recent cluster of sales in NYC. At an art fair no less! I am still a bit loopy about it all. Of course I am aware of the recent trend in art fairs but none of the galleries I have shown with until now, participate in them, so this seems like a good step up for me. And after thinking about it a bit, I am glad I didn't know ahead of time that my work would be there. I would have gotten all stressed about it. Also I would have secretly hoped for much success there which surely would have jinxed it. This way I didn't have a chance to mess it up. Of course the director did say she would include me next year, so I do have a full year now to work myself into a frenzy. Heh.

Anyway, when it rains it pours. I picked up my work from the show at Enderlin Gallery yesterday and also received a check for three of the five pieces that sold. And today's mail bought me a check from the Harrison Gallery for three more sold pieces. I must add here that there should be a place in heaven for gallery directors who pay their artists within days of the sale, as nearly all of mine regularly do.

So this has been a very good month income wise, but believe you me, I have learned from experience to hang on to whatever I can, as next month could just as easily bring me exactly zero dollars.

9 comments:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

oooooh, I love this painting.

congrats on all the sales!

gary rith said...

Who are these prompt payers and how can they be convinced to train my gallery directors?

Peter Yesis said...

Congrats Tracy!
Swim in that success. You worked hard for it. Keep it going! Back in the studio by 9am remember!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the great sales Tracy! I do have a question: Do you build your paintings with transparent layers of paint? Of course, I've only seen your work on the computer, but they have a certain depth and "glow" about them. I bet they are lovely in person. Thanks, aeg

Melody said...

Great successes for you Tracy. Enjoy....I have a feeling it is only going to get better

Lynnea said...

Felicitations! What a wonderful trend.

jcitybone said...

Congrats Tracy!! Those NY sales are super. I couldn't resist picking up another one of your paintings at the Enderlin last weekend. Now to decide where it should go...

Brian

Anonymous said...

congratulations! you've earned your success - thanks for sharing - looking forward to seeing you and your work at the cape again this year - stephanie

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, Bridgette!

Gary, I wish I could take credit for properly training these gallery directors, but I can't! I have been lucky to hook up with directors who are very respectful of their artists.

Thanks, Peter! And I have been trying to get into the studio early each day, but naturally my kid's schedule has interfered with that. Maybe next week! heh.

Thanks, anon. Yes, I do work in layers, although as time goes on I seem to be doing less layering and relying more and more on the underpainting. Slow shifts. And they definitely do have more depth in person.

Thanks Melody, I sure hope so.

Thanks Maggie, I agree. A very nice trend. I am very relieved that this whole art thing is working out ok:)

Brian, I heard about that! I am glad you were able to settle on another piece. So nice to be able to meet you at the opening.

Hi Stephanie, So glad you will be coming by the show again this year. Hope to see you at the opening!