Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Progress

Frames#1005, 2010, Oil on Birch Panel, 16x20

I made moderate progress on Tuesday. Um, despite spending a little bit too much time on the computer. But it was less time than usual so I will look at the bright side on that.

It was a lovely, rainy day (I like rainy days) so it was easy to stay in my studio and work. I finished prepping all ten panels and after my little computer binge, I managed to finish up two of the ten paintings that were on my to do list. There are six left, and I think I can make some progress on several of them today.

Also, last night while I was watching American Idol (LOVE Crystal, Lee and that Casey is a real cutie pie), I started the whole curtain project and I think tonight (during Criminal Minds) I can get all of them prepared for the sewing part.

And bonus task yesterday was cleaning out the sink in the kid's bathroom. Normally, I would have one of the kids do it, but I use it during the day for cleaning my brushes, and it was starting to bug me so I just took a few minutes to do it.

Oh AND I wrote a BLOG POST!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

joaop1960@gmail.com said...

I'm a fan...please keep doing it all.

Melody said...

Yay, the blog is back. On the American Idol front...love Crystal and think she's going to end up taking the whole thing in the end

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, Joao!

Well, I am trying, Melody! And I think Crystal should win too.....

SamArtDog said...

I got an appt on the 8th for the tooth-yank... AND
I know there's no accounting for the voting public, so I'm skipping the Idol results to buy Crystal's album asap.

SamArtDog said...

Whoops. Forgot to say how much I like the ghost window in this Frame #1005.

Anonymous said...

I used to mournfully check your blog everyday Tracey knowing there'd probably be nothing new. :(

Now, when I check, I am still not used to this new daily gig of yours and am always 'perked' when I see a NEW post!

Thank you, thank you. I love your art and love your candidness - it's all so comforting in a way.

Okay...I'm getting way too 'maudlin'. Hahaha...

Sherrill, Montreal

patty a. said...

I really like these pieces you are doing with the borders. They are like looking out a window at a beautiful scene.