Wednesday, October 3, 2007

To Atlanta

Contrasts, 2007, Oil on Panel, 8x10

I am feeling rather hectic today as I have about a million things to do. Don't worry I won't list them. I am leaving for Atlanta tomorrow, in order to attend a group show gallery reception at Twinhouse Gallery. I was going be taking this trip alone, but Doug will be coming along after all, so this will be more fun. And I already expected this to be a good time. The gallery owner and director have been so nice and friendly to work with, plus I have heard through the gallery grapevine that Neil and Karen Hollingsworth plan on coming to the opening so I look forward to meeting them. Oops, I hope I have not said too much, it can be so easy to jinx an event like this. Heh.

And this morning while I was loading the washing machine, it occurred to me that this will be the first gallery opening for a show that I am included in, that is in a gallery in a large city. While I have had a number of solo and group shows in the last three years, those galleries have all been located in either small towns or tourist areas like Cape Cod and with just a few exceptions, their openings were not usually jam-packed. So yet another first for me in all of this. Should be interesting!

I will give a full report on Monday.

6 comments:

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

Good luck and have a good time!

Anonymous said...

If you've never been to Atlanta, don't let the airport get you down and you have just missed our extended summer/dry weather - it is grey, overcast and threatening to rain through the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could make the show - enjoy. Twinhouse is such a great little gem of a gallery, so I am sure you will like it. If you want a great restaurant with good southern incluences in a nice atmophere - try Watershed in Decatur.

Janet Gonzales

Shawn McCann said...

Best of Luck Tracy. Have a great time in ATL.

The Painted Sky said...

Good luck and break a leg !

JT :)

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Natalya!

Anon 10:43, Thanks for the tips. The airport was ok, but the weather WAS kind of a drag-we were all icky and sweaty the whole time. So humid!

Janet, too bad I missed you! And thanks for the restaurant tip, I will make a note of it for my next visit there.

Thanks Shawn and Jim, we did end up having a great time, and no bones were broken:)