Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Down to the Wire



Farmhouse in Light, 2006, Oil on Panel, 8x10







Just a really brief post today. I must spend all day painting and ignoring the evil computer that keeps luring me back to it. On Tuesday, I didn't get one single thing done in the studio. I spent the morning doing office related stuff, corresponding with galleries, and that sort of thing. Then Doug and I went out for lunch and did a bit of shopping in order to even out the pile of gifts for each of our kids. Actually, I am exaggerating, we cut back dramatically this year, there's no pile, but we did have to even things out. The kid's bus showed up about a half hour after we got home and that's all she wrote for the day's work.

This week the countdown really starts. Only three more days of school left, of uninterrupted (sort of-there are always phone calls or people at the door or other things that come up) time to work. And then just another week to finish up several more paintings before I have to deliver them on January 2nd. I hope to get most of the serious painting done by Friday, although I am planning to start a couple of larger pieces today so I will be trying to finish them up while the kids are home during their vacation. Hopefully glued to the new computer that Santa will be giving them. Shhh. Don't tell!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got to say I love the colours in this picture. I seem to be saying that about all your pictures. Hope you don't mind having a fan!

arthur said...

Your kids aren't going to be reading this blog, are they?

Tracy Helgeson said...

Ooh, I love having a fan! Will you be stalking me too:-)? I am not all that interesting just so you know...(thanks for the compliment about the colors)

Puh-leaze, Arthur. My kids are at the age where they think everything I do is stupid and boring.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Actually, now that I think about it, they may be at least partially right:-)

arthur said...

My kids are at the age where they think everything I do is stupid and boring.

I'm sure they'll get over that soon.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Probably. Though I think the next stage will be complete and total embarrassment about my very existence. Can't wait. I have many super embarrassing things planned:-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm not into stalking, though funnily enough (and this is true) I had a stalker myself once. She's now my wife! We're happily married as well I might add.

Tracy Helgeson said...

John, that sound like an interesting story...

Anonymous said...

I really like the mood of you your work, we are up and about Saratoga every summer and will try to see these in person at the Gallery.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Ron. Do you go up to Saratoga for the races? Pretty hopping there in the summer.

Your blog and your work looks really interesting. I look forward to going through it more when I have some extra time.