Monday, March 6, 2006

Fluffy and the City





Pink Path, 2005, Oil on Panel, 8x10






Well, I got back home late on Sunday, (just in time to catch the Oscars) from NYC. I saw a ton of art (maybe too much, I can't remember a lot of it!), walked 27,498 miles and had two really good dinners. The weather was great, nice and sunny and not too cold. Friday afternoon, I went through the Art Expo at the Javits Center. Saturday, Doug worked at the booth all day so I went to the Met along with Jerome, who works with Doug at Green River Stone, and who had the day off from the show. Jerome lives in Utah, although he is originally from Minnesota (as I am) and somehow, thanks to a well used subway map we managed to get around Manhattan all day, visiting the museum, three galleries and Doug's store in Soho. We even had the luck to be seated across from a rather disheveled man, pleasuring himself on the subway. We changed seats once we both realized what he was actually doing, which took a few minutes because his bag was shielding most of the action. Lovely.

I'd like to point out some of the work I saw, but I need to take some time to go over my notes, as well as to find some links, so I will write a longer post about all of that tomorrow. Today, I have to work in the studio. I need to finish up some pieces for a show, frame up two pieces to ship out this week, and start some new landscapes. I decided over the weekend that I am probably thinking about my work too much lately, which is making feel self-conscious about what I am doing, and that really affects me when I am attempting to paint new subject matter. So I just have to keep working hard and hopefully I can get through this bump soon.

More importantly, back in the real world, my son's hamster is not doing well, and I am worried that Fluffy will die before Doug gets back home. Fluffy is almost 2 (pretty old for a hamster) and has weathered a lot of trauma, and my son knows that the end may be near. However, I am totally freaking out about having to actually pick up a dead hamster. Or even see one for that matter. Anyway, I think I can do it if I have to, but eeeewwwww.....

No comments: