Monday, December 8, 2008

More on the Lady with a Bunny

11x14

Well, now that my weekend birthday bash (heh) is over, it's time to get back to work!

I am still plugging away on the figures and plan to start a few new ones today. According to the family "master calender" in the kitchen, I will have many interruptions in the next few weeks, which is frustrating. However I can't help but feel that I deserve it after frittering away the last months when my schedule was relatively clear and I could have really made some progress on these. Bleh!

The lady and bunny painting is getting there. Initially the dress was pink (shown above), but Doug pointed out that it was very similar to her skin tones (the colors looked more similar in real life, I see that in this photo they don't look so close) and after quibbling with him a bit, I realized he was right. So I changed it to a light blue-ish (below) and I think it is working better, even though it looks a bit flat. Actually, I think it might be a draw, blue or pink, whatever, but there's no going back anyway, so I am going to keep the blue. I will go into it with some darks today, and I think that will do the trick.

If I manage to get some underpaintings done today, I'll put them up tomorrow. Got a few images on deck that I am looking forward to doing.

4 comments:

n warner said...

Tracy - I am marveling at her - the expression, her position and the colors are so great. Ok, the hat is killer and the semi-dangle of the rabbit is pretty cool. I like the more blue dress...and had to laugh at the prominent pinky and periwinkle combo which were my personal favorites in kindegarten. Great!!!
Nina

Robin Pedrero said...

Lovin' this. I also can relate to the family calendar and our passion to paint.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

T, YOU ARE AWESOME!

Casey Klahn said...

What a hoot!

Your idea in this is off the hook great, and happy birthday, too, kid.