Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Boring....

My Garden, 2008, 6x6, Oil on Gessobord

Prepare yourself for a super boring post. I am busy all of a sudden with all kinds of different things; cleaning up my studio, finishing some of the figures (pictures soon, although I am finding that they look AWFUL when they are photographed), preparing for a get together this weekend, and other odds and ends. Basically it all adds up to a lot of puttering.

The initial hubbub concerning The Fine Art Department and the Small Art Showcase has quieted down. The traffic there has been great thanks to Jeanne's mass email, the comment I left on the Huffington Post, the mention by my friend from Philadelphia, Cecily, and the links posted by participating artists as well as a few other art bloggers. Thanks everyone! Now the challenge will be to get those visitors to keep coming back to do some shopping. I will keep waving my magic wand from up here on the farm, surely that will do the trick. heh.

I am also considering taking Ellen up on her challenge to post every day for the entire month of December. I see that there is an organization to join, which I'll probably skip, and I also think it might get pretty boring here in Tracyland if I actually write about it every day. Whatchya think? Careful about encouraging me to do it, you may learn more than you ever wanted to know about chickens, our cats, dogs and possibly the local weather too.

On the other hand, if I know that I will have to report on something here, that may encourage me to paint more than I would otherwise. Hmmm.

9 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Post everyday T!!!! I post multiple times every damn day and never say anything interesting, and most of it IS the dogs and cats, but I can't help myself. And you're tons more interesting than me. BTW, why don't you join my facebook group anarcho-punkk potters? I don't think we have any painters yet.

Anonymous said...

Tracy, on your most boring day you are still good for a fun visit. I say blog every day! When I miss even one day, people wander off and it's hard to get them back.

Ellen said...

PLEASE! Don't let me be the only one! If you don't I will harass you endlessly on FB. And who doesn't like a good chicken story! I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation of your daily posts (where I've been all damn day!)

meno said...

I was hoping you were saying that the painting was boring, and that i could get a good deal on it. :)

Tracy Helgeson said...

So three out of 400 readers, including one threat, is enough encouragement for me to post everyday of a very crazy month.

Clearly I am an easy chick:)

And sorry Meno, this piece flew out the door before I even had a chance to post it on the sales blog.

Tina Mammoser said...

Post every day! :) Don't worry about rambling thoughts, why not address the very issue you mention and post something "small art" each day? Use it as a link to the Fine Art Department? Each day a progress, new or existing small work, or highlight another artist? Just ideas... because I know I couldn't possibly post on my blog every day. yikes!

Something happens just before the year ends though and there's a strange desire to do something momentous. I've started a 365 photo project. Why? No idea. ;)

Kim Hambric said...

Love the marketing push with the comment on the Huffington Post. I am addicted to the Post. And gee, I'm sure there are many wealthy, well-educated, endive eating readers that would love a bit of art for the Holidays.

Jul said...

I committed to posting every day in November on my art blog, and I definitely found it to be good motivation to keep me painting. Go for it!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Good ideas, Tina, and thanks for visiting, I have been reading your blog for awhile and love your work. Good ideas, thanks and why don't you join me and Ellen?:)

Kim, the HuffPo was just luck, I was looking through the page and it seemed like a good opportunity. We got a good number of hits from it, but not as many as I thought we would.

Jul, well, I was thinking that I would take some time off during December, but HELLO! I have been struggling to keep painting since July so it is hard to justify another break! So this will be good motivation, clearly I need that:)