Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just Do It

22x30

Well, I did manage to finally get a new underpainting going. It took me all day to settle down and get to it, but I finally did. And as always, I enjoyed it so much that I have been berating myself for not working more on these. It's so hard for me to get started on each one. They are just really intimidating, I think.

I should probably put a big post it note on my studio wall (or maybe on the computer, that might be the real culprit here) that says "You will LOVE the process of making the underpainting, so JUST DO IT!

8 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Coool...

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

they are beautiful... yes just do it!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

procrastination: not just for breakfast anymore

Sizun said...

"Just Do It" should be written on every studios walls...

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks everyone.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is neat and so remeniscent of a drawing my friend did of herself and her sister.

Anonymous said...

Nice underpaintings!Checked your website too.Nice landscapes with a modern touch!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Mary, it was a lot of fun and I love how the skirts mush together. I will be playing that up as I get to the color stage.

Thanks, Ramesh, nice work yourself!