Friday, September 19, 2008

Just Like Old Times

Horizon Lines (Ten), 2008, Oil on Panel, 4x6

Well, the last few days have been much more like old times. I now have 21 very small underpaintings on deck, waiting to be painted. I am in the process of gessoing paper, as well as another batch of small birch panels. I also spent yesterday morning painting the edges of the walls in the new living room/old studio. Plus I have had to attend a few school meetings and the elementary school open house, not to mention all the usual driving around-picking kids up from their various after school sports. Good times.

I have also spent much LESS time at the computer which feels really good. And I am cautiously excited about getting back to work and about whatever direction that may take.

So have a good weekend, all. I have to go to a football game game and two soccer games on Saturday, finish painting the living room and also finish cleaning out all my old studio crap, go to the local cider mill apple harvest with the kids, work in the vegetable gardens and stack two cords of wood in the garage (the boys will do most of that).

Oh yeah and finish up my tax info for 2007! Yes, we are expert procrastinators around here....

5 comments:

gary rith said...

not just a football game, a game game!

Melody said...

Great to see you feeling like your old self again.......oh, I mean your "new" self. Looking so very forward to seeing what your now working on.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm just tired from reading about everything you have to do! I sure wish I could go to the apple harvest. I remember what a great feeling that was up there. Is that at the Fly Creek Cider Mill? or maybe that' s closed now.
Like you, Tracy, I've made myself stay away from the computer instead of losing time there. It does feel good to get things accomplished. Good luck with all your activities, can't wait to see more work.

tlwest said...

Take extra care of yourself-- feed your soul :)

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

awesome work!