Saturday, April 25, 2009

Springy Spring!

Horizon Lines (29), 2009, Oil on Panel, 4x6

I was on a Horizon Line binge this last week. I painted fifteen to add to the series. Ten very small ones, and five larger ones. And, well actually two of the larger ones may end up being duds, so maybe it is just thirteen.

I will be sending several of the ten small ones to a local arts organization to put in their gift shop, and the rest will go on my sales blog. The larger ones will go into my inventory, unless Betty decides to take any of them to the AAF.

And we have a beautiful weekend coming up and I am itching to get some work done outside. Am planning to plant some lettuces, snap peas and carrots, as well as some pansies in the pots on our porch. But of course all that will have to fit in around the first two soccer games of the spring season, not to mention the boy scouts bottle drive and who knows what else.

Finally feels like spring!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm envious you are able to paint so many at a time. The series is going to be just wonderful if this is just an indication of what is to come.

DJ said...

Just found your blog and enjoy your work!
Will be back...

Janelle Goodwin said...

I love how the underpainting shows through in your work. It just makes the viewer step in for a closer look.

Shanster said...

Good-NESS but you are a busy, busy woman. How do you keep so dedicated?!?

Hey, I was gonna try to plant some peas this year too!

Julie R said...

I absolutely LOVE this little painting!

Aliaena said...

You have a beautiful singular voice in your art and I find your work inspiring. I am especially moved by your landscapes. I am new to this blogging phenomenon and this is my first visit to your site and I am enchanted. I look forward to being able to follow your work in the future and wish you much continued success! Aliaena