Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heaven Help Me...

Horizon Lines (Six), 2008, Oil on Panel, 4X6

The other day I saw the video for "I Kissed a Girl" and it was the first time I had heard the song in its entirety. And because I am a visual type of girl, seeing the video clinched it-I had the song in my head for days.

So I finally broke down and bought the song from iTunes. Even my tween girls don't know what to think about that. THEY know it's a cheesy song.

PS. But I secretly think it's a good rocking tune, kind of Joan Jett-ish and I totally sing along when it comes on. Nothing wrong with some girl on girl either.

7 comments:

Making A Mark said...

I clicked the link and got "This video is not available in your country" so do you think you could hum it to me please! ;)

Steven LaRose said...

tee-hee.

Lisa Call said...

I was watching to the video and my 15 year old son came in and asked me how old I was.

Then the 12 year old daughter came in and said the techno remix was better.

Should I download the ringtone?

Tracy Helgeson said...

Katherine, oh yeah and drive away that of my remaining visitors! Bahahaha!

Steven, is that a giggle, a laugh or "what an idiot" tee-hee?:)

HA! Guess you are 12, same as me. Definitely download the ring tone. I would but I don't know how, which brings me back up to old age, I guess:)

Steven LaRose said...

It was a hands crammed in pockets head bowed feet shuffling and kicking invisible somethings sort of tee-hee.

I suppose it is a cultivated innocence that years ago I hoped would get me laid.

Instead, I've got loads of "good friends".

tee-hee

Tracy Helgeson said...

Ha! I suspect it worked pretty well for you, Steven;)

Chris Rywalt said...

I couldn't help but notice there's no kissing of any kind in the video. I also couldn't help imagine the video director calling out, "Okay, cue playback...cue writhing...and...action!"

That may be the first time I've heard the song all the way through. It doesn't show up on the stations I listen to, and every time it comes on when my wife is around she lunges for the radio like someone started pounding icepicks into her ears. Even my daughter is annoyed by it.