Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Same As It Ever Was

Sloping Field, 2007, Oil on Panel, 9x18

Well, today is pretty much the same as yesterday. I am ok, but still wiped out and haven't had the energy to venture into the studio. I think I will wait until Friday and start slowly, with puttering. There is always plenty of that to do. Plus the kids will be home and that will guarantee that I won't be able to do anything really productive.

Last week before I understood that I was sick, not just lazy, I did manage to get a few pieces done, including three options for a client interested in a "sort of" commission. They all turned out nicely, even if I don't specifically recall painting them. Now I can see what a haze I was in last week.

I have posted one of them today and will post the others soon.

4 comments:

gary rith said...

Yep, it is a terrible cold, I have it too, and maybe the only good part is lying around with a book.
Hope you feel better soon, GR

Nat said...

Perhaps these will be your visionary works. Some of Miro's most famous works are allegedly of his hallucinations as a starving artist in a Paris loft.

Peter Yesis said...

Hope you start feeling better. Isn't there an ancient connection between a mom's rate of healing and the amount of kids that are home with her?

Lisa Call said...

I really love this piece.

Glad you are feeling better!