Friday, September 28, 2007

Caught Up

Double Purple, 2007, Oil on Panel, 8x10

Yesterday I shipped new work out to The Harrison Gallery and I also have a number of paintings ready to go to Gallery 100 in Saratoga Springs next week. Both galleries have sold a number of my paintings in the last few months and need more for their inventory. The Blogger Show pieces are finished and are just waiting to be packed and shipped in October.

Finally now, after wrapping up those details, I can devote the next next month to preparing for a solo show in Pittsburgh at Boxheart Gallery. This one has been on my schedule since early 2005 and it seemed like a show that would never arrive! I have about six paintings finished but need to do about 15 more. I am not too concerned about being able to do that ( I just began six more yesterday) and I even think I won't have to work on the weekends. Meaning my life might be kind of normal. However, I suppose more things will come up, I do have to do some small works for a holiday show at Gallery 100, a small painting that will be used for a holiday card for a friend of mine (more on that in another post) but I can easily fold those into the mix over the next few weeks. And as soon as the work is finished for the Pittsburgh show, I have to begin again for another solo show in January at the The Harrison Gallery.

Right now though, today, I am reveling in the feeling of being caught up.

5 comments:

Marjojo said...

I came to you through Redredday's link which brought me to your post about your mom dying. The painting in blazing colours you chose to go with it is just beautiful and so full life, both pain and joy.
I remembered my dad this week, as it would have been his birthday on the 26th, and I remember his dying and the coming together of close family and the crying and I was just thinking that maybe it's a good thing that we're crying, it's a good thing that we care about somebody so much and mourn her/his loss. The crying speaks about love.

Melody said...

Doesn't it feel great to be "caught up" I have a show coming up next Thursday and for once I'm not scrambling at the last minute to pull it all together.

Shawn McCann said...

Congrats on being caught up Tracy. Enjoy, because it is amazing how things can come out of the woodwork when you need to get things done! I know that too well, especially since I will be getting a bunch of paintings done as well over the next month or two. Happy painting!

drips of paint said...

everything sound wonderful .. enjoy and i am happy to hear you doing so well....

best!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Marjojo, Thanks so much for visiting. And I really like your blog and the things you talk about. So sorry about your father, it sounds like your family is of great comfort to you.

Melody, It is a lovely feeling, although it only applies to painting and not the myriad of other things that I am most certainly NOT caught up on!

Thanks Shawn, I will enjoy it, but see above:) The enjoyment will surely be short-lived!

Thanks so much Tim!