Friday, May 1, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah, Boring........

Horizon Lines, 2009, Oil on Panel, 8x10

Well, I think I would be posting more if I were actually doing anything that is even the slightest bit interesting. I just finished up packing the work for the AAF which is next weekend, but otherwise things have been pretty quiet this week. I should be getting outside more, as the weather has been beautiful! I have been doing my walks almost everyday, but have NOT done much at all in my gardens. Really need to get out there this weekend!!

I did spend a few hectic afternoons this week getting 16 pieces ready to send down to NYC for the Affordable Art Fair, which is next week.

I have a bunch of new Horizon Lines paintings to post on my sales blog and hope to get to that this weekend too.

My show is down now at The Harrison Gallery. I am not sure what the final sales count is yet, but I know that at least six pieces were sold. I am happy with that, especially during this crappy economy.....

And I have to choose a few paintings this week for two juried competitions at our local arts org. I think I will enter work from the People You Know series.

Otherwise, really, really boring here in Tracyland lately...........

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... six in one show? That's awesome! I can see why your work is so popular.... people love to get lost in your work with a sense of peacefulness.

Crimsonfirestudios said...

I really love the colors of this painting!

Unknown said...

Tracy, it seems as though life is not too boring there with a sale of at least six and then other venues selling your work. You go, girl!

Jacki Newell said...

Tracy, your horizon paintings are gorgeous-they shimmer with excitement. Not boring at all.

matthew feyld said...

great piece.

Kim Hambric said...

Looks like your sales are doing well with the sloooooowww economy. Those whose sales are sloooooowww can live vicariously through you!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks, everyone! I AM very glad to have sold at least six pieces from the show, however it's just the rest of my life that is boring right now.

Really need to get back to work, I think.....

kim denise said...

Congrats on the sales! That's a good total in this economy. Jo seems to be optimistic these days as well.

Now get out there and get gardening!