Thursday, May 14, 2009

Distractions......

Underpainting, 12x16, Oil on Gessoed Paper

Well, somehow a few days of not posting here turned into a week. I have some personal things going on which have been distracting me from almost everything, so I think posting here may be a bit spotty for awhile. I hope you'll bear with me though! Things will calm down, I will be working more in the studio and at some point I will be prattling on again like usual. Heh.

Today is a dark rainy day here though and feels like a good day to work in the studio. A great distraction from the other distraction! I will be working on five underpaintings in the People You Know series, including the one shown above. I have decided to go back to the gessoed paper mostly because I am feeling this series still needs SO much more work. Even though I much prefer working on panel, the paper is less expensive and the finished work is much easier to store. Or throw away!

I will try to at least keep posting images, even if my words are failing me lately.....

2 comments:

Joan Breckwoldt said...

Hi Tracy,
I hope things will work out for you and meanwhile you can find some peace about your 'distraction'. I know you'll be back to your witty self soon.
Joan

Melody said...

Hope all is well. Sending good vibes your way.