Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Off for the Weekend

Pink Barn in Back, 2007. Oil on Panel, 18x24

Doug and I are leaving tomorrow to spend a long weekend in the city. So today I am busy getting everything organized for the kids and the babysitter, grocery shopping, and finishing up a few paintings that I will be delivering to the gallery while we are there.

Today's image, shown above, is based on a house and a barn that we saw in New Hampshire last summer. I have painted it several times with quite different results. Below are two of them, painted last fall.

See you Monday!


Cast Shadow, 2006, Oil on Panel, 16x20

New Hampshire Barns, 2006, Oil on Panel, 12x16

3 comments:

Susan Constanse said...

Cast Shadow --
How beautiful. The colors sing

gary rith said...

Meno had a link, and I am so pleased to see your blog! I am an upstate artist too, different media, but Iknow I have seen your work around. Fantastic blog, I shall visit regularly.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Susan. It's one of my favorites too, and since it hasn't old yet, I might just get to keep it:)

Thanks for visiting, gr. I will come and check out your blog too.