Monday, December 7, 2009

The Winner!!!

Ok, so last year Ginger got to choose the winner of the birthday contest and this year I gave the other kids a chance to take a turn. No one was interested, I don't think my little contest here is cool enough for them. Heh.

So the ever enthusiastic Ginger was more than happy to do it again. Clearly she has been working on her presentation skills and here she is posing with the bowl of names:
I am thinking she could be a star! Or at least get a job on a game show!

Anyway, here she is mixing up the names:


No coaching by me, folks, Ginger intuitively knew to look away while picking out a slip of paper:


And here is the winner:

Jamieson5!!!!!!!!!

I am very excited that Shari won, she had her students do a project based on my work awhile back and well, clearly she has awesome taste in art, hehe. The kids did some cool work which you can see here. So I think it is fitting that she is going to be able to receive a birthday gift from me. Email me, Shari!

I would like to thank EVERYONE who left a comment and birthday wishes, especially Gary. By mentioning that I am still "quite a FOX", Gary qualified for TWENTY entries in the drawing, but alas he struck out anyway, hehe.

Also, I would like to reiterate that I am truly not upset or even mildly freaked out about being another year older; it is simply a bit surreal to be this age on the outside (which, except for my hair color, is ALL natural, baby!) when on the inside I feel about 20, at most. My life gets better each year, and I have been incredibly productive for the last 15 years, what with birthing babies and painting and all, so I have nothing to complain about. Just a little tongue-in-cheek joking about the march of time around here, that's all.

I promise.

9 comments:

jamieson5 said...

YYEEAAHHH!!! I am sooo excited, I'm emailing you ASAP. Thanks for sharing your birthday with me. I will be bringing in the painting to show my students. How wonderful, an original Tracy Helgeson!!

Sydney Harper said...

Congrats, Shari!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

HA! I am a very bad person :)
Congrats to the winner, although I realize I am gonna have to up the stakes next time from FOXY maybe to TOTALLY HAWT. Worth maybe 100 entries.....

Janelle Goodwin said...

Congratulations, Shari! I'm jealous :) Tracy, I must say your daughter is adorable.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

congratulations! and I am also jealous....

Deborah Paris said...

Very jealous...but Ginger is a doll!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, but congratulations to Shari!

Sotto voce: (but nobody knows who I am anyway).

:-D

Unknown said...

congrats to shari! seems like the perfect person won. :)

n warner said...

A day late and a dollar short. Glad to see you got a winnah! Should be going to the right person and it sure looks that way.... :-)
Always good work from you, your blog, and your painting/pet/home/kid-sphere.

Having just seen Fantastic Mr. Fox, your husband is right to say that the mrs. is really a fox...or rather
FOXY...but not for me to say!

My bday on the 9th....and like I said, all the good ones here in Dec!

Nina