Sunday, December 27, 2009

Utterly? Really, I wrote UTTERLY????

Ups and Downs, 2009, Oil on Birch Panel, 8x10

Well, in order to tell this story properly, I must also admit to having signed up to receive google alerts whenever my name shows up anywhere on the internet. Actually this is just for professional reasons. It has nothing whatsoever to do with being self absorbed and wanting to find out who says what about me. Heh.

Mostly though, I get alerts about basketball players (some kid named Travis Helgeson is a mighty fine player) in the midwest, teachers who speak up at their school district's board meetings and then finally the occasional update of a blog who has my link on their sidebar. When it gets close to a show that I am in, I tend to get more alerts; the gallery's press release in newspapers, 'what to do this weekend' bulletins boards and maybe an article about my show. And then every so often I get an alert when another blogger mentions me, which is of course, always fun and flattering.

But recently I got an alert that made me turn about 50 shades of red. Some of you may recall my blathering on and on about Joe Fig's excellent book, Inside the Painter's Studio a few months ago. Which, by the way, I still love and am still rereading sections of it every so often. I wrote this very gushy, oops, I mean enthusiastic post which turned up on the book's publishers website as a review!!!! Good grief! I would have written something much less foolish and embarrassing had I known that anyone out there would be paying attention. And while I do stand by everything I said about the book, I might have gone a tad bit overboard when I titled the post "I Am Utterly In Love". Sigh.

However, I must say in all seriousness, that I am quite happy to have been included in this group of fine reviews. Princeton Publishing has put together a wide variety of reviews including those who can write about art and art books with depth and understanding. Including, hello! Artnews!

Um and then there is me.....

I think I should be putting together a writing resume now. Bwahahahaha!!!!!!

PS. And I am very happy that Joe's book is doing well, it just went into a second printing. Awesome!

9 comments:

Charlie said...

Wow, I didn't know publishers could do that. Not that I'm prone to bouts of enthusiasm, but I'll have to remember that on the Internet, you never know who's reading.

BTW, love the two-lane road pieces.

barbara Poole said...

Way to go Tracey. Have a great time in VT> I am jealous too busy and too broke to go. Oh and by the way you are a very good writer. Barbara Poole

Anonymous said...

Great story---and I love this painting!

Giselle C. Gautreau said...

Oh how fun! Congrats!
I just got this book for Christmas and have not had a chance to start tucking into it yet. I'm looking forward to it.
You're going to Vermont soon? Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it!

l'alia-du said...

buenisimo, un saludo, feliz año

Melody said...

Tracy, you've just become so very famous that your name is popping up all over the place

SamArtDog said...

careful, tracy... the internet lurks! apparently the lucky publisher also does. so now you're a published reviewer, as well as a damn good painter. surely fame follows!

Unknown said...

but where is the blinking light? I looked and looked, but I don't see it.

FCP said...

Hilarious--nice painting also!
Happy New Year!