Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Few More Additions

Barn Near Patterson Road Road, 2009, Oil on Cradled Panel, 4x6

Well, today I got nine unsold, small format paintings back from a local gig, so I just added them to my sales blog. Last ones!

The half off sale was more successful that I ever imagined, in fact I was pretty much totally ill prepared for it! First I messed up the paypal code on all the entries, then I didn't add the inventory section on all of the posts so that some of the paintings sold twice before I caught it. I would like to thank those (and you know who you are) who graciously agreed to buy a different painting than the one they initially chose. But once I got that all straightened out, I think I managed to get the shipments out pretty quickly and safely and hopefully to the right buyer. Heh. Still have a few more in the pipeline and plan to get those out next week. Anyway, thanks so much to all of my lovely readers/buyers/friends, I really appreciate that so many of you want to live with my little paintings.

So it turns out that I also greatly miscalculated just how busy I would be at Christmas, while also finishing up work for a solo show (to be delivered on December 29) AND preparing for the month long residency in Vermont (leaving January 3). Good grief, someone remind me of all this next time I overbook my life, k? I might finish the last of the paintings for the show this weekend, and today Doug is in the city picking up an order of panels for me, which will all need to be prepped before I leave for Vermont. I am also planning to do some work on paper, so I need to gesso those as well. But I am trying my best to at least take a two days off from the studio; tomorrow and Friday (well, unless none of the kids want me around then I might sneak upstairs and apply a coat of gesso or two). Tomorrow is cookie day, we are going bake a zillion cookies and even if it kills me, I am going to sit on the sofa in our living all day on Friday, reading and relaxing!

And I actually do plan on posting again soon (well probably) as I have a bunch of links I want to share. In the meantime though, I hope you all have a great holiday!!!

6 comments:

Melody said...

Best wishes for a great holiday to you, Doug, the kids, Penny, Mr. Wilson, the cats, the rooster and the hens...hope I didn't forget anybody. And yes, do put your feet up, relax and eat lots of cookies as you deserve it.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

whoo hooo! I just got my father-in-law a barn painting!!!! score!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Melody, luckily I think i will be sick of the cookies after the first few (ok, maybe the first dozen:)). I hope you all have a wonderful holiday as well!

And holy cow, Natalya, you hold the record now for fastest score!!!!!!!! Hope it's ok if I send it out on Monday, even if I could get it out today, I don't think you'll get it by tomorrow......

Joyce Hill Studio 5x7 Works said...

have a wonderful sitting on the couch...you sound like you earned it! Happy Holidays to your whole family!

peter senesac said...

Happy holidays! I don't know how you get so much done with kids and work and and going away for a month and still have time to post to this blog
thanks!
P

Tracy Helgeson said...

Joyce, i did have a wonderful day sitting on the sofa, and it was amazing how much sleep I got;)

Peter, well, my blog posts have greatly dropped off this past year-a combination of burnout and spending more time on Facebook. And I used to be this busy nearly all the time! But this has been a slow year in general........