Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's a Big Sale!



Ok, here's the thing. I don't have much storage. We live in an old house with NO CLOSETS and my studio is in the attic which has knee wall storage, suitable for packing materials, mouse poop and bins of my kid's artwork, yarn, and photographs. I have one flat file drawer, maybe two tops, to keep the small paintings in that are on my sales blog. Both drawers are now full, and I would really like to clear them out so that I have somewhere to keep the new small format paintings I plan to paint as soon as I get back from my artist's residency in Vermont.

So it's a good time to move these little ones along. And to smooth the way, I have decided to offer all the paintings on the sales blog at half price until January 1. A big discount, it's true, but I really want them to find good homes and I also really want to paint more, so it's a win-win for me.

And if you hurry and buy something, there is a very good chance you will have it before the holidays. Everything is just sitting here, all ready to pack up and ship out. The mouse poop costs extra though. Heh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought one and I'm psyched!!

Being this is an incredibly difficult financial time for me, this is huge for me, but I'm bound and determined in the New Year (ok, I'm starting early) to support other artists who's work (creative, blogging, or otherwise) inspire me.

Thank you for all you do!

Kim Hambric said...

Very generous of you. Let's hope that I can make a few bucks soon. I long to have a collection of your pieces. Do not wish to have your mouse poop though -- I have enough output from resident squirrels.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

woo hooo! i just bought myself a birthday present! thanks for the incentive...

Leora Lutz said...

the work looks so enticing in the big drawer - all those little gems!

SamArtDog said...

Wow! I'm now the owner of a BLUE BARN and a CHURCH. I love your barns and am proud to now call this one in all its primary glory mine. I bought the church for my sister, who recently restored one, which looks just like this one, on the island she lives on in Maine. How cool is that?!

Your art and your blogs are great, and I really love this sale idea. Hope you make a killing! Good luck in Vermont.

AnnK said...

Alas, I was asleep at the switch and all my favorites have been SOLD! Your generosity and talent obviously could not be resisted. I'll start saving my pennies for a 2010 painting...

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the sales and that so many of you want to live with me. I mean with my paintings;)

And yes, Ann, there is always next year!

Edcooper_art said...

Hi Tracy,

They all look great! I like the idea of having a seperate sales blog.might have to look into that.

I see most have them have gone! good on ya!