Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday, Day 5 **Edited to Add**

Into the Shadows, 2009, Oil on Birch Panel, 16x20

Whoops! Didn't get much done in the studio yesterday! I did begin to prep the large panels and was puttering around, getting ready to paint, when the kids got home early from school. I might have planned for that had anyone actually told me that it was only a half day. Hmmm, wonder what else those kids aren't telling me?

Anyway, I will be working hard today to make up for the lost day. I have four 18x24 underpaintings ready to go and even if it kills me, I am going to get them done today.

Have a nice weekend, all. I will be holed up in my studio while Doug is on meal, house, kid and chicken duty. Heh.

PS. The above image will be on the postcard for the upcoming show at The Harrison Gallery.

**If you'd like a postcard email me and give me your snail mail. Don't worry about me sending you too much junk mail-I am TERRIBLE about getting stuff into the mail.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Tracy. Good luck getting everything done.

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Beautiful, Tracy! I love the colors and the sense of peace.

ps - can I have a postcard?

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Kim. Mostly I need to get rid of my computer to get everything done:)

Thanks Angela! Do you have my email? Send me you snail mail and I'll send you one.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

good luck on your catch up! and i love love love those shadows... need a postcard please!

Katherine Kean said...

Beautiful painting - good choice for your card!

Deborah Paris said...

Absolutely love this one- looks like you may have used a few different techniques in this one?

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Hi Tracy!Beautiful painting.The shadows of the trees on the road are lovely.Definitely a good choice for the card.One for me too!

Ramesh Jhawar said...

PS. My best wishes for the show!

Anonymous said...

hi tracy, absolutely love this painting.