Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The New Guy!

I tried, but was unable to stay awake much past 10pm last night. By the time I drifted off though, it was pretty clear that Barack Obama was going to win.

Although he wasn't my first choice to get the democratic nomination, I voted for him and will support his presidency as much as I can. I think he is a good guy, energetic, smart and willing and able to listen to others.

I gotta think though, there there must have been a point last night where he excused himself and went to the bathroom to throw up. What a load he has volunteered to take on!

Back to art tomorrow....

8 comments:

Mim said...

true, my admiration for anyonoe whoo would take this job on.

Making A Mark said...

I stayed up through the night and watched the result and speeches ...and drew a queue while I waited!

I thought both the speeches were really great.

The election is getting comprehensive coverage over here in the media and parliament.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

YAY!!!!

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

i often thought during this election season - who would want this job? thank goodness though that some one does! this will be good...

Lisa Call said...

Takes a pretty strong person to want to take on the presidency of the US the next 4 years.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Hopefully we can all come together and help President Obama lead this nation into a better tomorrow! I am inspired.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Michelle, I secretly think anyone wanting to do this might be a bit crazy, but that's just me:)

Sounds fun Katherine! I have heard bits and pieces of the speeches and they both sound awesome.

Yay Gary!

I know Natalya, see my crazy comment above:)

Lisa, see crazy comment above too:) And we should include Michelle too, she has a lot to get used to as well. They'll do fine though.

I hope so too, Takeyce and yes, inspiring is definitely the word of the day:)

Sydney Harper said...

I stayed up way late so I could hear the speeches and see some reactions. It's inspiring!

I've always thought anyone who took the job was a little crazy. It seems like it would be especially hard for the rest of the family. I admire anyone who lives under the microscope of the news.

I saw President Clinton on a talk show the other day and he made the comment that it's the best time to be president. According to him, it's a time with the greatest opportunity for change. You could see his eyes light up when he said that too.