Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gustav

I don't pray but I do wish and hope. So today, and for the next few days I will be wishing that Hurricane Gustav will simply peter out in the middle of the gulf so that what happened three years ago, during and after Katrina doesn't happen again.

However, it sure looks bad down there and I fear that my wishes won't matter. But at least it looks as if as if everyone is taking this one more seriously and are getting out of New Orleans and the other coastal areas. It also looks like the various levels of government have learned a few lessons and are doing what they are supposed to be doing. I will keep wishing for that to be true and for it to continue. I also hope that I won't have to explain to my kids again why there are so many people stranded on their rooftops without food or water.

I know we are all hoping for the same things here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, as a Christian I know this is a warning from God and a call for repentance from all and I'm so glad that people have the warning beforehand, He is very gracious our God. We don't know what day we will die, and this should make us think about how we will all face our creator one day and give an account.

I do pray and are praying for all those nearby that they will come to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Hmmm. Well, I am thinking that this is just a storm. Obviously we have differing views on that one.

However, I am proud to sign my name to my beliefs.

gary rith said...

(Wow.)
Glad the storm wasn't as bad as it could have been!

Tracy Helgeson said...

Yes, so glad it wasn't so bad as it sounded like it would be. Now let's hope the next two in line don't cause much ruckus either:)