Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Solo Show at The Main Street Gallery

Night Falls, 6"x12", Oil on Birch Panel, 2010

Well, first I'd like to thank everyone for such kind words of encouragement concerning keeping this blog going. I really appreciate it and so yes, I will keep trying to find my way here, though I must warn you in advance, it may involve more chicken/vegetable garden/farm/bee posts. And whoever mentioned chocolate brownies is a genius, maybe I will include a few cooking posts too. Heh.

Which is probably ok, since many of you wanted to hear about this crazy farm life we have AND especially my meat chicken raising experience! I will write about that next time, I would do it today but I think it might be a rather long post with a lot of pictures and I have to start a rather complicated 40"x46" painting today. I really must get to work on that so that I can get to bed at a decent hour tonight. Seriously, it could take all day!

And the reason I must start the painting today is because it's for a solo show at The Main Street Gallery in Groton, NY, and all the work must be delivered by next Saturday. Even though I have two more large and pretty detailed paintings to finish, I feel like I am in pretty good shape here; all the other work is completed, all I have left is documenting it, and also painting the edges of the panels and putting on the hangers etc. A few days work, tops.

I am very excited about this show; The Main Street Gallery has been very kind to me over the years, they gave me my first solo show back in 2005 (which will always remind me of Hurricane Katrina, read about that here) and have also included me in several group shows. So when they invited me back to do another show, I said yes right away. And even better, they agreed to show the 'People You Know' pieces that I did in Vermont last winter, and I am adding four new portraits, PLUS a new series of small landscapes, including the one pictured above. I have taken a long enough break from paintings landscapes so that my return to them has actually been lovely and peaceful and I am quite happy about them.

So the opening reception for the show is on Saturday, September 11, 5-8pm and Doug and I will be there if anyone wants to come by and say hello. I will be posting many of the images here in the coming weeks and as soon as the show opens all the paintings can be viewed on the gallery's website.

9 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Glad you are back Tracy-all the best at the show. And, I can't wait to hear about everything that's been going on in your world this summer..including the meat chickens!

Anonymous said...

Come to NYC! You will clean up!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

yayayayayay!

jcitybone said...

Glad to see you are back Tracy, though I'm not so sure about this upcoming meat chicken post. Even though I don't facebook, I did follow you through the connection on the blog.
Your dragonfly and bees look super winging their way in the sky above another TH. Your paintings look SO great next to each other.

Good luck with the show!

p said...

seems a lot of bloggers are dropping dead like...uh..oh i dunno, zombie chickens? have you seen tumblr? i'm thinking that is the next thing even if i still dont get it.
anyhow glad you are keeping the blog, and i wouldn't care if you blogged about your hair color...honestly you are an intelligent entertaining human and i'm always happy to read your words.
congrats on the groton show tracy, you are on a roll!!!!

Almira Hill Grammer said...

I'm so happy to see you back on your blog. I was getting very tired of looking at Lady Agnew :>) I really enjoy your "life on the farm" and your painting comments. Facebook is okay, but it doesn't have any substance--and you are a good writer.

Casey Klahn said...

Congrats on the show.

When i get in a blog slump (don't laugh) I try to make a list/plan of future post ideas. Then I eat some candy.

sarah meredith said...

I really like the way (it seems, anyway) you paint your landscape with some toned warm ground showing - they really are effective. Wish I could see your show.

Anonymous said...

Just been doing a catch-up read of your blog after falling behind. Got to ask - what did you think of 'Open'? I found it changed how I view Andre in some regards.