I don't think I have too much in the way of Toxins in my studio I leave all the doors open and run the air and a ceiling fan at my electric expense:( If I am spray varnishing - that happens outside ;)
:-) That's O.k. Tracy... read it all with interest - I was very happy to find out the subject of your post, it is bothering me for a long time allready. Want to react, but must finish painting first :-)
Hi TL, Do you work in acrylics, or pastel? Nice that you can leave windows open and spray outside.Bart, glad the post was of interest to you and look forward to hearing what you do. Don't you work in the living room of your apartment?
Long story short, my experience with toxic materials -- screen printing the old fashioned way, nothing high tech, back in the mid 80's, taking a bath in ink solvents with each printing session, swing moods getting more severe, began contemplating best way to end it all. Happened upon an early research article listing depressants found in artist's solvents which included several I was up close and personal with, recognized my moods weren't 'female' but related more to printing sessions. Woke up, smelled the coffee and quit the process... cold turkey! Best decision I ever made. There are lots of creative materials out there that aren't out to get you... use the others VERY carefully. KJ
Yikes, that sounds awful, KJ. Good thing you quit once you realized that it was affecting you so badly.
Post a Comment