Monday, February 20, 2012

Wait, Wait, I'm Still Here!!!


Barn Study #500, 4"x4" Oil on Panel, 2012

Well, as you can see I have made a few changes around here! About time, I guess, right? I started this blog in February 2006 and wrote pretty regularly here until about a year ago when I began feeling quite burnt out writing about myself so much and not feeling like I had anything to say about anything else. Hard to imagine THAT if you know me and even I find it hard to believe, but it's true! I felt like I had told all my good stories and wasn't sure where to go next with things so I just kind of drifted away from blogkeeping without making any sort of official decision one way or the other.

Then late last fall a few things happened which gave me some new energy and some ideas about what to do here. I got two goats that led to a new business of sorts and so I decided that I still have stuff to say that is just a bit too wordy for facebook and twitter. So here I still am........

BUT. I am in the last week of a big deadline for a solo show, and don't have time to go into all the details so this post will just have to be a teaser for now. However, since there will still be plenty of shameless promotion here I will briefly discuss the show. This is my 6th solo show at The Harrison Gallery and we decided that it would be fun to do something a bit different this time. I suggested showing my small format studies, the ones that I take to the local harvest festivals etc and just lay out flat on a tabletop. The director loved the idea, so I have been a busy bee, trying to meet my goal of 130 paintings (don't get too excited; they are very quick to paint, 5"x7" and smaller) which will be displayed on a table in the middle of the gallery, and I am also working on a few larger scaled pieces for the walls. Pretty sure I won't quite get to 130, but it will be close and I am good with that! The gallery reception will be on Saturday, March 3, 5-7pm and Doug and I will both be there, so please come by and say hi if you are in the area. Otherwise ALL the images will be on the the gallery's website and I apologize in advance to whoever has to load them onto the site, sorry!

So that's it for now, I must get back to work and start the last batch of underpaintings and then it's going to be painting all week, then endless documenting and editing probably until the very minute I have to leave to deliver the work to the gallery, yikes!

I leave you with an image of JB, younger (and newly castrated) companion to Kodiak, our dairy goat who is (hopefully) with child. Yep, got a lot of things going on around here......

15 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

I just want to kiss JB on the nose. Well not really.

I love your painting! Now I have to check out your gallery link to see where you are. Probably not in Kansas. : (

You do beautiful paintings. The barn is glowing and I think that takes real skill.

Shirley said...

Love this photo! Very talented young lady you are!!!

Katherine Kean said...

Nice changes and beautiful painting! All the best to you while you get ready for your show - can hardly wait to hear about it.

P.S. adorable goat!

Pattie Wall said...

Nice to hear how you are so " at it" for your show. Your blog redo is nice! Jb is such a cutie pie!

Making A Mark said...

I predict a lot of goat photos.......

Good to have you back - even if I've been seeing you everyday on Facebook!

Good look with finishing for the show.

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

wow! you're back! woo hoo!!!!

Casey Klahn said...

Cool!

I have a farm, too. so, maybe that's why I like your new blog motif.

The background colors vibrating are especially nice (in the barn painting).

SamArtDog said...

So glad to have you back on the air, Tracy! I like the new farmy format, and I love goats. JB's a sweetie!
Good luck with the solo. Let us know how it goes.

Kim Hambric said...

Happy you are back!!! Love that new barn. Will there be paintings of the goats?

Cheryl McCarley said...

I'm glad to see you back and writing! Love the goats! I painted one not to long ago...I'm sure you'll be doing the same!

Teresa Mallen said...

Yippee, you are back! Congrats on the goats. We have had goats (Saanens and Alpines) for two years now and we are completely smitten. I read in the sidebar about the goat miscarriage. I am very sorry.

May all go well with your painting deadline!!! I am no longer the only artist I know of who shows goats on her blog. Whew. :-)

Elin said...

I´m so happy that you are back! Your blog was one of the first I started to read, a long time ago, but I don´t think I ever posted a comment. I love goats (and your paintings) so I will be back. :)

Sydney Harper said...

I like the changes. They suit you. I have a soft spot for goats, well almost all farm animals.

Unknown said...

I've loved your paintings when i saw them online a couple of years ago. Glad to see that you've returned to blog occasionally. Good luck with your show!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love the barn house painting. It's very alluring and ethereal. The way you painted the light is very lovely and airy.