Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another Link

Just a quick post today to let you know about a website that a friend of mine has set up.

Some of my long time readers may recall that my mom used to be a fixture in my comments section, much to my embarrassment, usually! Then she was diagnosed with lung cancer in early 2007 and died in August of the same year. She and I had a difficult relationship but a few years before she died I felt we had resolved the past and put it away. Unfortunately after she died I learned about some of her activities (concerning me) that frankly put me into a bit of a tailspin. I have worked through much of it but it's been hard because she is gone; I can't yell at her, we can't have the big fight and I can't find out if she really understands how much she hurt me.

So this site comes along and I have been given the opportunity to write what I would like to say to her, and to say it out loud. Well, sort of. I feel like it is just the right time to wrap it all up and move on. So thank you to my friend, and I hope some of you might benefit from reading through the site and maybe even from participating. It is really such a beautiful concept.

2 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

Thank you for sharing. I think it is a unique idea... there are things I think I'd like to say to my dad after all these years he's been gone. Maybe I will take advantage of the opportunity. This post brought tears to my eyes

Tracy Helgeson said...

Thanks Ruth;)