Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Update



I don't really have anything super exciting to talk about today. Since, finally, Doug was home on the weekend, I had him do all of the soccer games, errands and whatever else on Saturday, while I stayed home and worked in my studio. I did four large sized underpaintings, which WAS pretty exciting. Clearly, it's been awhile since I have worked much larger than 24x24. And while these are images that I have painted before, changing the scale is a welcome challenge. I would have liked to have done a few more as I was totally in the groove, but I don't have anywhere to put them right now. So I must save the groove for next time.

The rest of Saturday was filled with preparation for a belated birthday sleepover for my son. My nerves were a bit jangled what with seven, squeaky voiced, loud and boisterous twelve year olds in the house, but I retired early to watch tv and knit in our bedroom and Doug stayed up and supervised the boys downstairs. We are a good tag team-I got up at 7am to make waffles while he slept in.

I puttered around on Sunday, painted a few cradled edges, made some jalapeno cheese, and organized my sorely neglected desk.

See? Not so exciting. Although having a clean desk again might qualify as excitement for me these days. Heh.

3 comments:

Steppen Wolf said...

I would be interested to see the challenges that you would face as you go about the larger sized canvases... I had a good read about the eggs - always humorous.
Maybe I should try the mayo recipe after all...

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be sending your ailing poor ol' mom some of those cheeses your making? I like the chedder and the jalapeno.

Tracy Helgeson said...

Sunil, I'll write about this as I go with these pieces. Most of it revolves around the size and clutter of my studio though. If you make the mayo, report back to us! I won't be making it for awhile yet.

Mom, I'll bring a few half rounds when I come out to visit. It should be nicely aged by then.