Saturday, July 29, 2006

Gone Fishin'



Barn Row, 2006, Oil on Panel, 8x10








Well, I have meaning to post for the past few days, but things have been pretty hectic here! I had to finish up eight pieces for the Farmland Trust Auction so that Doug could deliver them while he was in Saratoga on business on Friday. Then we had visitors for a few days, Doug's childhood friend, Dave and his four teenage kids. I hadn't met his kids before and even though I am not too good at talking with teens, I managed to only say a few foolish things, and they didn't really seem to notice my dorkiness. Anyway, they are great kids, very smart and personable and helpful. They cleared their places after dinner and asked if they could help me while I was preparing meals AND they made up their beds before they left! The chickens and catching frogs in our pond were the big attractions and of course my daughters were over the moon to share their room with two awesome and beautiful older girls. It was a lot of fun having them here and it's always fun to hang out with Dave.

We also had a few days of slight panic. Our lodging plans for our vacation in Cape Cod fell through at the last minute. We tried to come up with all kinds of alternatives, including just making it a long weekend there, and my favorite, which was to leave the kids at home with a sitter and just the two of us go for the weekend, but we haven't really had a family vacation for a long time so Doug scoured the internet until he found something (guess he is desperate to spend five hours in the car each way with our quiet, well behaved children. heh). Today, he found a house to rent in Hyannisport (right next to the Kennedy compound, woo-hoo) so we are going for the full week after all.

I am trying to finish up 24 paintings, framing and wrapping them, not the actual painting, thankfully I am not THAT behind schedule, wash all of the laundry, pack, clean the house and run about a hundred errands, you know, by Monday morning when we leave. However, we do have four young, energetic and motivated (they know how miserable I can make them if they don't do what I say) slaves, oops, I mean children, who will be helping.

If anyone out there is even the slightest bit interested in seeing moi or my work in real life, not to mention if you're in the vicinity, please come to the opening reception on Friday, August 4th, 4-7pm at the Salt Meadow Gallery, 598 Route 6A, East Sandwich, see link in the sidebar. The show will be up for the entire month of August.

I'll be back to the blog the week of August 7th, so I hope ya'll don't forget about me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation, Tracy. It sounds like you deserve it! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hyannisport,huh? I'll send your books back if you get me a state plate and/or thimble!! =)

meno said...

Yeah, i had my kid with the hope the she would do the laundry and housework. But so far that's not working out too well.

Have a wonderful time. i am jealous.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time away with Doug and the kids. Not really a break from motherhood, I know, but still nice to get away from the daily grind of running a household! I hope its as relaxing and carefree as can be.

Ed Maskevich said...

Hope the Kennedy's don't party too loud and keep you awake.

tlwest said...

have a great trip! OOOH the Kenneddys huh...