Monday, February 13, 2006

Hello



Winding Through a Field, 2006, Oil on Panel, 12x16


So I set up this blog, posted a recent painting and then spent the weekend trying to figure out the direction that I should take with this project. I didn't really come to any profound conclusions. For now I'll post some paintings and make a few comments about the art, my work habits and other projects.

"Winding Through a Field" is a piece that I just finished last week. It's a simple image with few elements, but has a lot of movement and color, I think. It's one of about 10 pieces that I will be sending off to a gallery in Massachussetts who will soon be representing me. I will post their name and info once the contracts are signed.

I would be happy to hear any comments regarding my work, good or bad, although constructive criticism would be appreciated. Questions are always welcome and if you are an artist, I'd love to see your work, so send me links. Also, after I figure out how to do it, I will be posting links to art, blogs, and news sites that I read. There will also be info as to where my work can be seen.

No comments: